The Canadian Bookbinders and Book Artists Guild supports, promotes, and seeks to inspire participation in traditional bookbinding and contemporary book arts. It does this through the efforts of its members and volunteers in providing high quality book arts information, resources, education and networking opportunities to the Canadian book arts community and interested public.
- To become a more broadly based, national organization, representative of, and advocate for, the book arts;
- Increase the organization's financial strength to support future stability and growth;
- Develop and expand CBBAG’s human resource base to meet the organization’s current and future needs;
- Increase board/governance effectiveness through improved policy and practice;
- Develop, refine, and expand in-studio and home study educational programmes to best serve beginner through master level bookbinders and book artists;
- Deliver programmes and membership services that are innovative, high quality, and cost-effective that return maximum value to members, participants, and sponsors.
CBBAG activities are focused in four areas: education, exhibitions, events, and publications.
CBBAG's members include bookbinders, book artists, calligraphers, paper makers, paper decorators, letterpress printers, book collectors, conservators, archivists, teachers, and students in Canada and around the world.
CBBAG is a volunteer-run charitable organization (federally incorporated under the Canada Not-for-Profit Act). CBBAG has approximately 380 members and eight chapters across Canada, based in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatchewan, London, Toronto, and Ottawa.
Social Media CBBAG has a Facebook group page, which is private to Facebook users only. This group allows for community interaction and discussion and is a great way to network and see what other bookbinders are up to!
President - Christine McNair (from Ottawa Valley chapter) email@example.com
Vice President - Arielle VanderSchans (from Southwestern Ontario chapter)
Secretary - Suzan Lee (from BC Lower Mainland chapter)
Treasurer - Hannah McKendry (from BC Lower Mainland chapter)
Past President - Jose Villa-Arce (from BC Islands chapter)
Kari Bronaugh (from Greater Toronto Area chapter)
Patrick Miller (from the Southwestern Ontario chapter)
Fabriana Salvador (from the Greater Toronto Area chapter)
Murray Schellenberg (from the BC Lower Mainland chapter)
Chapters Liaison - Arielle VanderSchans
Communications - Fabriana Salvador
National Education - Kari Bronaugh
- Home Study Program firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshops email@example.com
- DVD Loan Program firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing editor email@example.com, Book Arts arts du livre Canada - Tanya Richards (from BC Islands Chapter)
BC Islands - Trish Klus
BC Lower Mainland - Gina Page
Alberta North - Janice Peters
Calgary - Brian Queen
Saskatchewan - Kathy Hamre
Southwestern Ontario - Marilyn Book
Greater Toronto Area - TBA
Ottawa Valley - Spike Minogue
firstname.lastname@example.org for membership, exhibition catalogues
Note: effective August 1, 2020, CBBAG no longer has a phone number; additionally, e-mails to email@example.com are not monitored or read, please send any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.