The Independent Stream for Marbling consists of approximately 3 hours of videos in MP4 format and a 160-page PDF manual. The materials will be provided for download from the Thinkific platform.
While the emphasis is on watercolour marbling, there are short sections on oil colour, acrylic, and gouache marbling, and marbling on fabric, clay, and wood. The manual also provides recommended reading and suppliers lists.
- Art hazards
- What is marbling?
- Conditions affecting marbling
- Record keeping
- Marbling basics: technical outline, set-up, tools, and equipment
- Size: types, carrageenan, life span, cleaning off
- Other sizes: methyl cellulose, etc.
- Other substrates
- Colour: definitions, colour harmony, contrast, theory
- Types of marbling divided by media: watercolour, acrylic, oil, gouache, pigments, permanence, etc.
- Colour as it relates to marbling: bias, proportion, neutralizing, etc.
- Mixing and applying colours for marbling
- Variables affecting combing or raking
- Patterns: basic patterns and variables
- Problems and flaws
CBBAG Home Study materials are copyrighted. In purchasing any Home Study workshop participants must agree to the CBBAG the Home Study Programme Policy and may not duplicate the manuals or videos except for their personal educational use.